- 2 1/4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cashews or hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- 25 pieces (5 oz.) Werther´s Original Chewy Caramels, finely chopped or snipped with scissors.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In small bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
In separate bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, pudding mix and hazelnut spread until smooth.
Beat in eggs until smooth.
Gradually beat in flour mixture and mix just until fully incorporated.
Fold in nuts.
Chill dough for 30 minutes.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes (cookie will be soft and barely done).
Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute then remove to wire cooling rack.
Immediately top each cookie with chopped caramels by slightly pushing caramel pieces into the top of each cookie.
Makes: about 24
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes