1. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Wash apples by gently rubbing with an abrasive scrub sponge and a few drops of dish detergent. Rinse and dry well; remove stem. Push sticks into tops of apples; set aside.
2. Microwave caramels, milk and spices in a tall deep microwave-safe bowl or 2 cup glass measure on HIGH for 2½ minutes or until melted, stirring after 1½ minutes.
3. Dip and swirl apples in melted caramel mixture, using a spoon to spread evenly.
4. Place semi-sweet chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, about 60 seconds. Repeat with milk chocolate. Be careful not to burn chocolate.
5. Apply chocolate and candies to create faces. Using a teaspoon, drizzle dark and milk chocolate “hair” over top of apple or, alternately, stick popcorn “hair” around top of apple. Carefully dip 2 candy “eyes” into the melted chocolate and then place on each apple, pressing gently into the caramel. Repeat with two candy “eyebrows” then 1 candy “nose.” Finally, arrange candies in a “smile” on each apple or, alternately, add one candy for the mouth. Place each apple on prepared pan and refrigerate until serving.
Apples may also be decorated with toasted coconut, mini chips, toasted nuts, cookie crumbs, sprinkles, graham crackers or marshmallows.